Nanci Murphy, PharmD, RPh
Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy
Director of Student Leadership Programs, School of Pharmacy
Co-Director, Center for Health Sciences Interprofessional Education, Research and Practice
Seattle, WA 98195-7631
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Dr. Murphy completed her undergraduate pharmacy degree at Washington State University and her doctoral degree as well as two post-graduate programs (Teaching Scholars and Geriatric Pharmacy Practice) at the University of Washington.
Area of Expertise: Dr. Murphy’s interests include geriatric pharmacy practice, student leadership and patient advocacy, patient safety, and interprofessional education. Dr. Murphy has previously served as Associate Dean and Executive Head of the Office of Academic and Student Programs at the School of Pharmacy and has been actively involved in the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) and the American Pharmacists Association. She has served as faculty mentor and advisor for a number of award-winning patient care and community outreach projects including, the American Association Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Student Community Engaged Service Award, the AACP Lawrence C. Weaver Transformative Community Service Award and Project CHANCE (recognizing outstanding service in medically underserved communities). She was selected as American Pharmacists Association Outstanding Chapter Advisor in 2008, received recognition from AACP and Rho Chi for her leadership in the profession and community, and was recipient of the UW School of Pharmacyʼs Gibaldi Excellence in Teaching Award in 2009 and 2010. She has participated in several interprofessional initiatives including the Faculty Leadership in Interprofessional Education to Promote Patient Safety, the Multidisciplinary Predoctoral Training (TL1) Advisory Committee, an Interprofessional Conference on Leadership in Health Care, the CLARION Competition, the WWAMI AHEC and Steering Committee, Chautauqau, and Students in the Community (SITC).
Publications/Presentations of Interest:
- Odegard PS, Robins L, Murphy N, et al., Interprofessional Initiatives at the University of Washington, AJPE 2009; 73(4) Article 63 PMID: 19657496
- Moskowitz D, Glasco J, Johnson B, Wang G, Students In The Community: An Interprofessional Student Run Free Clinic, Journal of Interprofessional Care 2006; 20 (3) 221-222 manuscript advisor (Health Canada Interprofessional Manuscript Competition winner) PMID: 16777793
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy: “Integrating IOM Core Competencies Learning Experiences: A Progress Report from the University of Washington" http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p126001_index.html
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy : “Symbiosis: Building Interprofessional Community Partnerships to Advance HIV/AIDS Education and Awareness.” http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p196235_index.html
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy: “Successful Practices in Interprofessional Education.”