Seth WolpinSeth Wolpin, PhD, MPH, RN
Clinical Associate Professor
University of Washington
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems
Seattle, WA 98195-7266
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Dr. Wolpin completed his PhD degree in Public Health from Oregon State University in 2004 after receiving his MPH degree from the same institution in 1999.
Area of Expertise: Dr. Wolpin’s research focuses on how we can promote health communication and health literacy through the use of information technology tools. Within this area is curiosity in how we define and evaluate the usability of health related web applications. Additional research interests center around tools for collaboration and data management within clinical trials, standards for data interoperability in healthcare, and health issues facing high altitude porters and mountain communities.
Publications Of Interest:
- Nguyen, H.Q., Cuenco, D., Wolpin, S., Reinke, L.,Benditt, J., Paul, S., Carrieri-Kohlman, V. (2012) Internet-based dyspnea self-management support for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management.
- Berry. D.L., Halpenny, B., Hong, F., Wolpin, S., Lober, W.B., Russell, K.J., Ellis, W.J., Gonvindarajulu, U., Bosco, J., Davinson, B.J., Bennett, G., Terris, M.K., Barsevick, A., Lin, D.W., Yang, C.C., Swanson, G. (2011) The Personal Patient Profile-Prostate decision support for men localized prostate cancer: a multi-center randomized trial. Urologic Oncology. Dec. 6. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 22153756.
- Berry, D.L., Blumenstein, B.A., Halpenny, B., Wolpin, S., Fann, J.R., Austin-Seymour, M., Bush, N., Karras, B.T., Lober, W.B., McCorkle, R. (2011) Enhancing Patient-Provider Communication with the Electronic Self Report Assessment for Cancer: A Randomized Trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 29(8):1029-35.
- Wolpin, S., Lee, J., Glenny, R., Wolf, F., Zierler, B. (2011) Evaluation of Online Training on the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 45(2):146-56.
- Wolpin, S., Nguyen, H,Q., Cuenco, D., Carrieri-Kohlman, V., Doorenbos, A. (2011) Effects of Automated Prompts for Logging Symptom and Exercise Data on Mobile Devices in Patients with COPD. Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 29(2):75-80.
" Additional research interests center around tools for collaboration and data management within clinical trials, standards for data interoperability in healthcare, and health issues facing high altitude porters and mountain communities. "