Manager of Program Operations
Nicole earned her Master of Health Services Administration from the University of Washington and also has a background in business administration. Before joining the CHSIE team, Nicole began her healthcare career developing and expanding primary care programs working to achieve a population health management approach to care. She joined the CHSIE team in 2016 and is passionate about promoting the quadruple aim by helping healthcare teams work better together through respect, communication, and collaboration. Nicole oversees operations for the Center, dedicated to furthering collaborating between health care professionals, and directs two externally funded training grants focused on team science and team-based care initiatives.
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Informatics
Areas of Interest/Focus of Work
- Interprofessional health care teams
- Team training and Team Science
- Patient safety and quality
- Abu-Rish Blakeney, E., Ali, H.N., Summerside, N., Lavallee, D.C., Kragen, B., Willgerodt, M.A., Weiner, B.J., Spacciante, L., Zierler, B.K. (2020). Sustaining improvements in Relational Coordination following team training and practice change: A longitudinal analysis. Health Care Management Review.
- Averill, M., Brazg, T., Summerside, N., Stergachis, A., Dillon-Sumner, L., Sconyers, J. (2019). Integrating Public Health Students into Interprofessional Education, Journal of Interprofessional Care, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13561820.2019.1690436
- Willgerodt, M.A., Abu-Rish Blakeney, E., Summerside, N., Vogel, M., Liner, D.A., Zierler, B. (2019). Impact of Leadership Development Workshops in Facilitating Team-Based Practice Transformation, Journal of Interprofessional Care, DOI: 10.1080/13561820.2019.1604496
- Summerside, N., Blakeney, E.L., Brashers, V., Dyer, C., Hall, L.W., Owen, J.A., Ottis, E., Odegard, P., Haizlip, J., Liner, D., Moore, A., Zierler, B.K. (2018). Early Outcomes from a National Train-the-Trainer Interprofessional Team Development Program, Journal of Interprofessional Care, DOI: 10.1080/13561820.2018.1538115
- Baik, D., Blakeney, E.L., Willgerodt, M.A., Woodard, N., Vogel, M., Zierler, B.K. (2018). Examining Interprofessional Team Interventions Designed to Improve Nursing and Team Outcomes in Practice: A Descriptive and Methodological Review, Journal of Interprofessional Care, DOI: 10.1080/13561820.2018.1505714