This 3.5-day curriculum was co-developed by experts from three universities with established IPE training programs and a national advisory committee. Training will provide content, skills, and strategies for implementation of IPE and IPCP and facilitating and coaching teams of IP learners.
Workshop format will be heavily focused on experiential learning for the 3.5 days of in-person training. Pre-work will be required, and teams will be implementing a project after the in-person training with follow-up coaching (quarterly webinars) provided by the T3 faculty teams. Certificates of completion for faculty development training will be awarded at the end of coaching webinars and project completion. Continuing education (CE) credits will also be provided.
A minimum of three individuals from at least two different professions are required to participate. Teams are encouraged to have a mix of professionals from academia and practice, who are willing to work together on an IPE/practice transformation project.
Program Learning Objectives:
- Curricular Design: Develop and customize IPE activities across the learning continuum (from academia to practice).
- Evaluation: Utilize methods and approaches to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of IPE across the learning continuum.
- IP Leadership: Develop emerging IPE and collaborative practice leaders to champion cultural changes within educational and health systems.
- Team Dynamics and Culture: Create IPE and collaborative practice activities grounded in the concepts of team dynamics and culture change
- Innovative IPE: Utilize and model innovative teaching approaches to facilitate IPE and collaborative practice
- Implementation and Sustainability: Implement plans for leading and sustaining meaningful IPE and collaborative practice at their own institutions.
- Communication, Team Function and Patient Safety: Utilize communication tools and techniques that facilitate discussions and interactions that enhance team function and improve patient safety.
- IP Peer Network of IPE/ICP Champions: Establish an interprofessional peer network to help expand the capacity of faculty who can successfully lead and facilitate IPE and interprofessional collaborative practice in the U.S.
Attendee Pre-work Requirements:
- Complete selected readings
- Outline site-specific project charters with your team (instructions provided)
- Complete baseline survey (link will be sent to all participants)