Welcome to the Interprofessional Preceptor Training Module on Feedback and Evaluation. Feedback and assessment are critical components of the learning process. Learning is most effective when assessment is meaningful and delivered in a constructive, timely manner. This module is presented in three sections: Principles of Feedback and Evaluation; Strategies for Effective Feedback and Clinical Evaluation; and Challenging Feedback and Evaluation Scenarios.
This online module includes audio and visual demonstrations and interactive scenarios.
To access this lesson, learners must be registered and logged in to this website. Click here to register. Click here to log in.
Authors: Jennifer Sonney, PhD, ARNP, PPCNP-BC and Mayumi A. Willgerodt, PhD, MPH, RN
Audience: Clinical preceptors and other health professionals working with learners
Run time: Approximately 30 minutes
CEUs: Not Available
Upon completing this module, the learner will be able to…
- Identify components of effective clinical assessment to promote continuous professional and interprofessional development.
- Incorporate effective feedback and evaluation strategies into teaching practice.
- Review applications of feedback strategies.
- Demonstrate effective feedback strategies while modeling effective communication skills.
- Respond to common feedback and evaluation challenges when working with interprofessional learners.