In this lesson, we will introduce the learner to the basics of limited point of care echocardiography. We will review the principles of limited cardiac ultrasound, its indications and limitations, appropriate equipment, technique, basic imaging findings including normal findings and some pathologic, and we will discuss how to obtain images on live patients.
This online presentation includes audio, demonstrations, instructional methods, and examples.
Authors: Amy Morris, MD
Audience: Clinical instructors
Run time: 14 minutes, 2 seconds
CEUs: Not Available
Upon completing this lesson, the learner will be able to…
- Understand the principles of limited cardiac ultrasound.
- Identify indications and limitations of limited cardiac ultrasound.
- Choose appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Read basic imaging findings.
- Obtain images on live humans.