November 5, 2020
Students, join the CLARION Case Competition!
The UW Center for Health Sciences Interprofessional Education, Research and Practice (CHSIE) is excited to announce that we are recruiting a small team of health professional students to participate in the 2021 CLARION National Case Competition!
The case competition is designed to give healthcare students real-life interprofessional teamwork experience, and involves a nation-wide competition in which the UW team will compete against other student teams from across the country.
Students will participate on a team of four people, each representing different health professions. Teams conduct a root-cause analysis surrounding a case-based, fictionalized sentinel event. Teams then develop a solution proposal based on their analysis. On the competition days (April 9-10, 2021), teams present their findings and recommendations to a panel of judges representing leaders from various professions within the healthcare industry.
Students will grow their skills in collaboration, and tangible experience working on a team. Plus, there’s a fun element of friendly competition and the winning teams even get a team scholarship (1st place: $7,500, 2nd place: $5,000, 3rd place: $2,500)!
- Students should be able to commit approximately 40 hours of work towards the competition, between February 6 and April 9.
- Students should be available to attend the virtual case competition on April 9-10, 2021.
- CHSIE will select a team through an online application process.
- Please submit your application no later than 5pm on December 25, 2020.
- We will notify you of your acceptance by January 11, 2021.
Questions? Please contact Tracy Brazg: firstname.lastname@example.org